Every culture expresses itself and its specialties through art, masks are the same, these could be an abstract, lifelike or unique reproduction of moods around in a culture or of people. Masks are a perfect creation representing professions as well as how people showcase themselves. African culture was not immune to these artistic reproduction. Many of you will love to save yourself a piece of that pristine land and culture that has continued since ages. Here are some African masks made in metallic gold tones that are ideal to adorn your walls or tables, Know more…
- This is a truly unique mask, made from wood, handcarved with brass pieces as the shiny gold tone material on the head. However, this unique mask is made from glass beads, if you look closely you will find a beautiful array of neatly arranged beads. The beads are made from recycled glass and also have been used as a lovely color tone of yellow. With the black background this Fisherman mask or the ‘Sorko’ looks beautiful. Decorate it on the wall or the table.
2. This is yet another amazing mask, named ‘Hyebo‘ meaning ‘Promise‘which combines both brass and beads as part of the decoration. Glass beads are arranged in a way to provide superb color combination that matches with the brass plate that covers the wooden plate. The brass plate gives the gold tone to this mask. It would be ideal to use it as a wall decor and has been created for the same purpose.
The brass plate has been uniquely provided with some stunning decoration, showing lovely birds of the African subcontinent. These birds adorn the face of the mask. There is use of cowry shell and the actual wood used is the sese wood. The mask has birds that look like the crane, parrots, swallows, etc. The mask also has an intricate design to decorate the surface.
3. Are they friends are they mother and daughter, are they neighbours, whatever they are ‘Beautiful Gaze in Gold‘ is beyond beautiful These are head bust of two Ghana women who seem to be in deep conversation and understanding. These are handcarved wall sculptures which will shine through and add unique humane beauty to your room. These sculptures are made from Sese wood and have been coated with golden tone to make them look stunning. These masks are sold in a pair that makes them doubly exotic.
4. Another beautiful round shaped mask, which differs in design than the earlier one. However, this one makes use of brass plate too and is called the ‘Animal Safari’. The brass plate is reverse embossed with all the gorgeous and enigmatic animals you will find in the great land of Africa. These animals are depicted as a safari. If you have visited this land and have seen its natural glory, you will find this mask suiting your tastes. This mask has a different face from the earlier mask, however, the elegance and beauty remains unparalleled.
5. These are unique fish shaped masks of two people. Fish shaped masks are very intricately designed to make sure a human face is hidden in the tail of the mask. Both male masks sport the tails as the beard. The fish uses golden aluminum plates as the gold tone and for the fish. These are superb way to mount on the wall the mask is named ‘Brother Fish Mask’ Enjoy combination of aquatic with the human face.
Masks are a beautiful representation of a culture, African culture with its culture is rich in color and expression. The above gold tone masks from West Africa look very interesting while reminding oneself of one of the nature endowed continents of the world.